Avocado, beet and sunflower Microgreen salad
A fast super healthy snak or main salad, full of iron, zinc, and all the nutrients you need.
- 1 Avocado sliced long
- 6 Baby roasted beets or 2 large beets
- 1 Lemon, juiced You may substitute lemon juice with balsamic or red wine vinegar.
- 115 Grams My Greens sunflower sprouts or fresh pea shoots, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Slice baby beets about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice avocados to about the same thickness.
- Slice a few in half-keep a few long.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp lemon juice on avocado.
- Set beets and avocado aside.
- Rough chop Sunflower Microgreens . Set the sprouted (leafed) ends aside.
- Place the hard stalk ends in a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, salt and pepper to the stalk pea shoots bowl. Mix well.
- Place a few of the marinated stalks on serving plates.
- Arrange avocado and beet slices on top of stalks on plates.
- Rotate beet, avocado, beet, avocado.
- Add all the remaining Sunflower Microgreens -stuff them into crevices on the plate to keep it tight and pretty.
- Drizzle the leftover oil-acid mixture over the salads.
- Optional: drizzle a bit more olive oil or lemon juice or vinegar over beets
- Fresh grind black pepper is a nice salad topper.
This recipe and image courtesy of Martin´s Garden
Calories: 292kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 8gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 2079mgPotassium: 1306mgFiber: 15gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 494IUVitamin C: 68mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!