Roasted Beet Risotto
A lovely and warming beet risotto with your microgreens of choice
- 3 beets medium, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onions small
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for garnishing
- microgreens for garnishing, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the beets on a large sheet of foil then drizzle them with the olive oil and wrap the foil tightly around them. Place the foil packet on the center rack and roast the beets for about 1 hour or until they are fork tender. Remove the beets from the oven. Once they are cool enough to handle, remove them from the foil, peel them and dice them into 1/2-inch cubes. Set the beets aside.
- Add the chicken stock to a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring it to a simmer then cover it with a lid and remove it from the heat.
- Set the KitchenAid Multi-Cooker to the “Risotto” setting and attach the Stir Tower. Add the butter to the cooker. Once the butter melts, add the minced garlic and diced onions then cover the cooker and turn on the Stir Tower to the “Low” setting. Cook, while the Stir Tower stirs the ingredients, for 1 minute. Add the rice, salt and pepper, and cook covered with the Stir Tower on “Low” for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook covered with the Stir Tower on “Low” for 2 minutes.
- Select “Risotto/Step 2” on the Multi-Cooker. Add 1/2 cup of the warm chicken stock and cook, covered with the Stir Tower on “Low,” until the stock is absorbed. Continue adding 1 cup of the warm stock at a time and allowing it to cook and absorb while the Stir Tower stirs the risotto until you’ve added all of the stock and it’s all absorbed.
- Remove the Stir Tower, change the Multi-Cooker to the “Warm” setting, and stir in 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and the diced beets. (The risotto will turn bright pink.) Spoon the risotto into serving bowls then garnish with micro greens and additional Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Calories: 480kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 19gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 959mgPotassium: 517mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 423IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 335mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!